Thursday, January 19, 2012

I hate the words 'Moving On'??? !

So... I was thinking that it is probably time for me to share this part of my life with those of you who like to know what is going on in my life... or just those who are nosy and thinking 'well... isn't it just a little too soon for her to be 'moving on'?'  LOL!  Yeah... anyways.  

I hate that.  I have been dealing with people saying that for a while now.  I am NOT 'moving on'.  There is a guy in my life who I most definitely consider my boyfriend - someone I care about and spend a lot of time with.  He is a wonderful man.  He is a great father to his children.  He is a 'widower' (I hate using the words widow and widower, but I figured I would for an easier description.).  

I have had many more than just a few ask me if I am only with him because he also lost his spouse... And, I know many others probably think the same thing.  I honestly would be lying if I said that I wasn't with him because he lost his wife.  That plays a huge role in why we are even together in the first place.  BUT, there are many other reasons why I am with this man.  Like I mentioned above, he is a wonderful man and a great father.  He is also someone who does understand.  Someone who respects Andy, Landon, and myself.  He likes old, vintage cars and trucks.  He isn't lazy.  He is a helicopter pilot!  (hello?!)  He has a kind heart.  He is a family guy.  He is nice.  He is a romantic.  He is a good decision maker.  He is really good with Landon.  And, seems to me he was an incredible husband to his belated wife.  
Now, in respect to him... I am not going to go into great detail of his life.  But, I will briefly explain to you the circumstances in which we met...

He basically contacted me through facebook after seeing me at one point after Andy died.  He was offering to be a friend.  Someone for me to talk to if I needed to talk to someone who understands because he knows how hard it is.  I took him up on it and, well... here we are today.  
I will say that it was not something I ever even expected to happen.  And if I were to tell you the whole story in detail you might would even look at it, as my aunt once said... ' almost like a fairy tale' (though nothing about Andy nor the death of HIS wife is anything like that of a fairytale... she was simply stating that referring to the way he and I met).  I do not see this as just a coincidence... I see this and think of it as a blessing... and almost as if Andy and his wife had something to do with bringing us together.  That's how cool it is.

My original plan was to wait at least a year before I ever even thought about 'moving on'.  He knew this as well.  However, he has been very patient with me.  He has never once been pushy or anything like that.  He is very understanding.  Even now... if I were to say to him 'we need to slow down'... he would understand in a heart beat.  However, I do not ever really see me saying that.

No, it hasn't been a year just yet... but I have put a lot of thought and time into my decisions and my feelings.
Am I at peace with knowing that I am in a relationship with someone else besides Andy, and do I think that Andy would have an understanding for it?  Absolutely.  

Again, I want to make it very clear that I am not writing this on my blog as a way to hope everyone accepts this or agrees with it.  I simply want to be very open about things when it comes to this sort of thing (there are other things that most definitely should be kept private, but this is something I most definitely want to share with others), and I never want to feel as if I am hiding something!  

We don't know what tomorrow will bring.  We just gotta live each day to the fullest and enjoy every second of it with those we love and care about.  There is no need in hiding your feelings... you and I both know that life is sometimes way too short.  <3

Here's a lil bit of our 'Sambo'...






 




5 comments:

  1. Crissy being someone who knew Andy in HS and what a wonderful person he was I think he is watching after you and Landon and is making sure you are happy...No one deserves to be alone and he probably had a hand in bringing you two together..Live your life like there is no tomorrow and never regret anything or anyone who made you smile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany Mullinicks FlattJanuary 19, 2012 at 7:19 PM

    awh crissie carpenter i love you and look up to you in so many ways and i can only hope to even be half the woman you are one day.....I LOVE YOU and little Landon is such a cutie! miss you girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crissie, I just saw the photo, via an e-mail, of Landon - that classic, beautiful photo, and realized that I wanted to know more about you. You are an amazing young woman who has been brave, loving, heart-broken, loved, strong, and now, brave again as you pick up the pieces. Yes, I believe that Andy and Sam's wife "found" you two for each other. While you and Landon will have Andy's family to share your lives you are also blessed to share your own families with each other. Moving on does not diminish what you had and lost - it simply means that you were gifted with amazing love once and learned how greatly love enhances life. Peace and love to you all on your new journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That is exactly how I feel. Life is too short... and definitely too short not to hold on tight to those things and people we love and want to love more and more with every day that passes. It's a totally new view on life now than what there was before all this happened to me.

      Delete
  4. just know that everyone knows that "moving on" does not mean that you quit loving or honoring Andy. I, we all understand that life is to short not to be happy and happiness is all the people in your life want for you.

    ReplyDelete